Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"That Is Mahogany!"


"That Is Mahogany!" That is one of the best lines in the entire movie! Effie and Haymitch were so funny! What does Elizabeth Banks think about her line?

“Everyone loved that one,” says Banks of the mahogany line, which has inspired a Facebook fan page and is trending as a popular joke on Twitter and Tumblr.
Because of subject matter, though, “I never wanted to just say a jokey line for a jokey line,” Banks says. “That mahogany line is (saying) these kids, they need to respect. ‘I have been brought up to respect the Capitol and its ideals, and I’m trying to instill that in these tributes because that will reflect best on all of us.’ ”
She also spoke more about Effie.
“He didn’t know how old Effie should be,” says Banks, 38. “I know he looked at Tracey Ullman at one point. I think he was just trying to figure out the world that this was. Then we had a conversation where I said, ‘Well, I want her to be ageless. I want it to be like you don’t know if she’s 35 or 135.
“Then I went to his office and we looked at all of his inspiration boards, and he told me he was going to talk to Lenny (Kravitz) and Woody (Harrelson), and I was like, ‘Great, great’ … ‘Why are you telling me this? You better (expletive) be giving me this movie!’ ” she says, laughing.
“He was like, ‘Yeah, isn’t it obvious? You’re doing it. I didn’t call you down here to waste your time.’ ”“I’m really proud of her,” Banks says. “She’s everything that Gary and I talked about. She came across how I wanted her to. I wanted her to be funny and brittle and a little grotesque and a little mean, and she’s all those things.” 
Source: Charlotte Observer

No comments:

Post a Comment