Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Elizabeth Banks with Moviefone


Moviefone talked to Elizabeth Banks, who plays Effie, and talked about one of her favorite costars.

"Who had more fun wearing a wig, you or Woody?Probably Woody. His, I think, was real hair, which is helpful. Mine was like wearing a giant plastic bag on my head. And then a hat and the high-necked clothes. And it was about 100 degrees every day that we shot. So I was very hot. (Laughs).
Did that add to your portrayal?Yeah, anything like that helps because she’s a character that wants things to be perfect and go a certain way. And she’s very agitated when things are not going how she wants them to. So it definitely helped her agitation.
Did you have fun working with Woody?It really was so much fun. I’m enamored with Woody Harrelson. And I don’t know how much he committed to it but I committed to creating a lot of story [between Effie and Haymitch] out of nothing, frankly. Because there is nothing going on. We don’t really talk to each other. But I was committed to creating a physical relationship onscreen. We’re always sitting next to each other. It’s like we’re a team, but we hate each other.
Like Paul Abdul and Simon Cowell?It’s very classic rom-com. I’d say more like Bogie and Bacall. It’s not so modern as that. It’s more about glances and attitude towards each other. You can see that there’s some respect there but there’s also a lot of disgust.
So it’s one-sided…He’s more disgusted with me, for sure. (Laughs). Elizabeth Banks has a full-on crush on Woody Harrelson. Effie definitely has a crush on Haymitch, but Haymitch does not like Effie. That’s what I’d say is going on."
Sounds like we have an Effie/Haymitch relationship on our hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment