Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

My Review of "The Hunger Games" Movie


Yesterday, March 24, I went to see the "Hunger Games" with Melody and another friend, who had seen the movie already on Friday. This review will contain spoilers so be warned!


  • I thought that the cast did an AMAZING job with their characters. The only thing was that Jennifer Lawrence had another movie coming out that was shown in a trailer before the movie and it took me a while to get used to her as Katniss. If they wouldn't have shown the trailer, it might have been different. 
  • The way that they handled the death scenes was amazing. I walked in with a huge fear of the blood and guts that I was sure was going to happen. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Most of the scenes were shaky. When Glimmer dies of tracker jacker stings, her body looks so gross in the few seconds they show it. In fact, it ended up being one of my favourite scenes in the entire movie. 
  • I feel so bad for all the make-up artists on set because it had to take them hours to do what they did. The chariot outfits were exactly like I imagined and the Capitol people looked crazy - which was the point. District 12 looked like District 12, if that makes sense. 
  • As for following the book, they did! The only things that I wish I could've seen were Madge and the fight between Thresh and Cato. I also missed the part where they figure out that Cato is injured because Thresh wouldn't have gone down without a fight. It may seem weird, but some things echo after I read the books, and that part is one of them. 
  • Another strange thing is that I was bored during a lot of the movie because I already read the books multiple times and knew everything that was going to happen. I knew when Rue was going to die, when they were going to blow up the food, when the mutts were going to jump out of the bushes. 
  • I wish they would've shown more of the secondary characters like Clove, Thresh, Cato, and Foxface. Another of my favorite parts was every time Foxface was on screen and when they ran into each other in the forest was my favorite part of the entire movie. I did love the parts with the Gamemakers because it made my want to write a FanFiction on it! 
  • My overall rating of the movie is a 5/5! (Just to let you know, I really don't like movies. I find a lot of them boring.) I really hope that I can see this movie again because I would love to pay attention to more of the details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment