Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Latarsha Rose talks about her Character, Portia



Latarsha Rose, who plays Portia in the movie, talked to Sister to Sister Magazine about her character. Even though we don't learn much about Peeta's stylist, she is an important character. Latarsha talks about filling in the gaps about her character.


"Latarsha… didn’t have as much to go on. Although Portia is an important part of the story (she works more closely with Peeta), she doesn’t speak very much.
So where did that leave Latarsha when figuring out how to play Portia? “The only way that I had was to really read the books and then use my imagination,” she explained toS2S. “It’s a mini collaboration with myself, the book and then the actual film.”
Latarsha quickly found out that her vision for Portia was on target with what the production behind The Hunger Games had in mind.
“There were things that came to me—ideas and mannerisms and colors and the way she might dress,” Latarsha said. “I was happily surprised that when I got there the vision of the amazing team…it meshed.”
While Cinna is very fond of simple, classic style (he’s never not wearing black), Portia is a little more partial to the over-the-top clothing of The Capitol. That means that she could be wearing anything that couturier’s fevered imagination could possibly dream up.
“I’m not really recognizable once I step into Portia,” Latarsha said, without giving too much of her look away. “I think she’s very much a fashionista and very grand but sophisticated. I believe Portia’s a complement to Cinna.”
I love when actors bring even more depth to the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment