Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Elizabeth Banks on Becoming Effie

 







I think that Elizabeth Banks is pretty much unrecognizable as Effie. Many people don't even think that she is Effie but Elizabeth verified it on Twitter. Elizabeth Banks was interviewed by the Boston Herald about her process about becoming Effie. 


On becoming Effie: "It’s about 2 and a half hours to go full Effie. When I get to wear gloves, it’s 45 minutes less. I really I tried to wear gloves as much as possible because once I had the nails on, I couldn’t barely pick up this picture, send texts, dial a phone, go to the bathroom, zip, button. Very much put me in the mindset of the character, because I bet Effie has someone who does all that for her.” 


On discovering the Hunger Games: "I was a fan (of the book series) long before. I read the books years ago. Right when they came out. A publishing friend recommended it. I got on the Amazon wait list for Mockingjay.”


I think that Elizabeth is working very hard to get the character of Effie right. Even the part about how Effie probably has somebody to get her ready every day is so brilliant and I never even thought of that before. 


Source: The Boston Herald

No comments:

Post a Comment