Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Amandla Stenberg Chats With Winning Class in Scholastic's Skype Contest

In January, Scholastic started a contest for teachers in grades 6-12 who bought The Hunger Games book through a classroom order. All the classes were entered into the contest for a Skype session with one of the stars of the film.The lucky winners, students from Tabitha Rosales 6th Grade Homeroom at Irelend Elementary School in Odessa, Texas chatted with Amandla Stenberg, who plays Rue. Everyone was shocked for this amazing opportunity!

“Oh, I thought she was kidding at first,” Ireland Elementary Student, Javorian Jackson, said.
“I kept thinking this is not real…” Ireland Elementary 6th grade teacher, Tabitha Rosales, said.
On Friday, students got a chance to talk to Amandla one on one and ask her questions, about how the movie was made, what she liked the most and about the other characters. Overall, the kids loved the experience and will never forget it.
“I’m excited, I am sad that it’s over now but it was really awesome! I loved it,” Ireland Elementary Student, Audrey Lujan, said.
“I learned a lot of stuff I wouldn’t know,” Ireland Elementary Student, Alexis Ramirez, said.
Congrats to Tabitha Rosales and her homeroom!

Source: NewsWest9

No comments:

Post a Comment