Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Jackie Emerson on "Hunger Games" and Music

Jackie Emerson is super busy right now! She plays Foxface, does music and goes to school. She recently spoke more about her plans for the future:

What was the process for being cast in “The Hunger Games”?I actually had a very unorthodox process. They were interviewing kids who’d read the books to get their take on the series, so I did an interview for them and then a couple weeks later they called me and asked if I wanted to audition for Foxface. I’ve been acting since I was six years old, but not professionally. This is the best break I could have hoped for.
For you and the rest of the kids playing Tributes, was it a downer to be cast as a tribute knowing you’re going to die?Not really, the only part that was a downer was the last day we were on set together. We were all sobbing, holding each other, because we were not going to be on set together again, unless we coincidentally do a movie together. It was such an amazing experience, we had such an amazing director who really helped you get inside the character’s head. They really became my family for the summer, and it was hard leaving them. Other than that I don’t think there were any down moments.
What can you tell me about your new song “Catch Me If You Can?”The inspiration for the song was running away from your past and eventually accepting it, because you can’t run away from your past. It’s not my usual sound, I must say. If you listen to my other song, “Peter Pan,” it’s not as pop I don’t think as “Catch Me If You Can.” It was kind of a different sound, it was more of an experimental thing. I had a blast recording it, and I think the music video was my favorite part of the whole experience. I got to shoot with all of my friends, including some of the cast of “The Hunger Games.” We were all dancing on the beach together
I saw you were accepted to Stanford, what do you want to study?I’m hoping to do a double major in Chinese and performing arts. It’s the weirdest combination. This is my fourth year (studying Chinese) and I’ve been to China twice. I love the language and I love the culture, and I hope to become fluent.
Aside from school, what’s next for you?I’ve got a couple of acting projects that I can’t talk about yet, and I’m also hoping to get back in the studio soon. I’m actually going to be releasing “Peter Pan” on iTunes by the end of this week. This is the first time I’m announcing that, actually. (She announced on twitter it is available now!)
Source: Billboard

No comments:

Post a Comment