Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Josh Hutcherson Talks Boy Bands and Spiders

Josh recently did an interview and talked about everything from Detention, kissing Jennifer, and more.

There are so many pop culture references in the movie (Detention). What are some of your favorite pop culture things from the ’90s?Josh Hutcherson: ”Oh man, I was a huge boy band fan back in the day. Like ‘N Sync and Backstreet Boys and Hanson and all that stuff.”
You are also an executive producer on Detention. What was that like and did it affect at all the process of being an actor?Josh Hutcherson: ”It was awesome for me. I’ve grown up on movie sets and wanted to get behind the camera, so to get that opportunity here was awesome. You know, for me my biggest involvement was in the casting process at the beginning as well as just nailing down the story stuff and on set just kind of helping with the logistics of things and helping things run smoothly, just because Joseph and most of his crew comes from a music video/commercial-oriented background. Me, coming from the film world, it was kind of helpful to bring the knowledge of that to the set. It was cool, I think. For me, it’s something I want to do a lot more.
As far as how it affected my performance, I don’t think it really got in the way. Most of my producorial duties were before we even started shooting. But even the stuff on the set, I don’t think it took away anything at all from my acting.”
Why haven’t you done a horror movie before and are you a fan of the genre? What scares you?Josh Hutcherson: ”I haven’t been avoiding the genre, I just don’t think the right thing had come along yet. I think that there’s never really been a project that I wanted to do that was in the horror genre. Nothing had come across my table yet [before this].
As far as what I’m afraid of, I hate spiders. I’m pretty good at being not afraid of almost anything, except for spiders. They just scare the crap out of me.”
Source: About
Thanks to The Hob  for the tip!

No comments:

Post a Comment