Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Reaction To Gary Ross Not Directing Catching Fire

I loved the Hunger Games movie, as I'm sure many of you did. With the announcement that Gary Ross will not be directing Catching Fire, many people think that this will ruin the next movies. But I'm not one of them.

Sure, he did an amazing job with his vision of the movie, staying true to the books, and it seemed like the cast adored him.  The actors were amazing in their roles but I wanted more from it. Maybe I had my hopes up too high. Not to say I didn't love it, it is my favorite movie, and it was entertaining (which most movies aren't too me because I get bored really easily.) I am sad to see him leave but I don't think that the rest of the series won't be any less successful.

So, who do I think should be the director?

In a dream world, I would love to see James Cameron (Titanic, Avatar) direct the movie. He has a lot of talent in the action type of movies and with the romantic parts, which are the two biggest components of the movie. I love all of his movies that he has directed. I would also love to see John Lyde (Mainstay Productions) direct the film. He is already a huge fan of the books and has done lots of films on YouTube that depict the series amazingly.

What do you think? Who should direct the next movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment