Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Fire Dress (In the eyes of Fashion Designers)

One of the best parts of the movie is not only the amazing story but the amazing costumes and sets that I hope they have! InStyle magazine got together some of the top designers for their idea of the dress that Katniss wears  on the chariot rides before the 74th Hunger Games. In the book it is described: "I am dressed in what will either be the most sensational or the deadliest costume in the opening ceremonies. I’m in a simple black unitard that covers me from ankle to neck. Shiny leather boots lace up to my knees. But it’s the fluttering cape made of streams of orange, yellow, and red and the matching headpiece that define this costume. Cinna plans to light them on fire just before our chariot rolls into the streets.” —Katniss in The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Here are some of my favorite possible designs for the dress:

TOMMY HILFIGER
This one, designed by Tommy Hilfiger, does not look like the dress, but it's cute. It kinda looks like what she would wear to vacation in Florida...

RACHEL ROY
I love this one! It includes the Mockingjay pin and the huge skirt looks like something I could see Katy Perry or Lady Gaga wearing! This is designed by Rachel Roy.

TADASHI SHOJI
This one is super cute! It was designed by Tadashi Shoji and also looks like something I could see on the red carpet (maybe Selena Gomez?) 

CHARLOTTE RONSON
I think this one, designed by Charlotte Ronson, takes the prize! I love how her bow and arrows are incorporated into the outfit! It's not a dress like the others are but a unitard and cape. This looks ligit like what she would really wear!




No comments:

Post a Comment